The Ivey Academy launches to address gap in learning and development for Canadian executives
The Ivey Business School has announced the launch of The Ivey Academy, a full-service learning and development destination that blends top-ranked university-based executive education with strategic design, talent assessment and leadership coaching to create the first of its kind executive education experience in Canada.
Built upon the Ivey Business School’s foundation as an internationally recognized institution for high-quality education, The Ivey Academy brings all aspects of executive learning and development under one roof. The institution’s expanded breadth of offerings creates a holistic learning and development experience that is focused on behaviour change, helping organizations maximize their return on investment through an integrated approach.
“There’s been a gap in Canada’s learning and development market, with companies typically engaging multiple vendors to deliver competency assessments, learning modules, training content and executive coaching,” said Mark Healy, Executive Director, The Ivey Academy. “Combining all aspects of learning with independent expertise across the development journey, we are able to deliver sustained behaviour change, not just knowledge transfer, and stronger retention and succession pipelines for organizations.”
Working in an environment of increasing complexity and change, coupled with the rapid pace of retirements, cultivating the next generation of leaders to step into senior roles has become a core objective of Canadian businesses. The Ivey Academy helps employers address this by ensuring strong leaders are in place and ready to take on executive roles as they become available.
“Real learning and development starts before the classroom and continues long after it,” said Martha Maznevski, Professor of Organizational Behaviour, Ivey Business School. “By integrating the entire journey, we start to see a multiplier effect when it comes to results. Learning and development is a life-long investment that benefits individuals, their companies and our country’s economy.”
Learning Embedded in Action and Practice at The Ivey Academy
The Ivey Academy embraces a vision driven by the Learning Embedded in Action and Practice (LEAP) approach. LEAP maximizes learning application by introducing new decision-making experiences into the reality of what people are doing and how they work. Through pre-program talent assessments, experiential classrooms and post-program support including coaching, The Ivey Academy allows attendees to develop and practice the skills they need to successfully lead within their organizations today, and in future roles.
In addition to top-ranked open enrolment and custom designed programs, the full-service Ivey Academy learning and development model includes:
- Instructional Design and Advisory Services: Organizations can collaborate with Ivey’s learning and development experts to tailor programming and services that meet their objectives, close skills gaps and maximize ROI.
- Talent Assessments: Powered by Sigma Assessment Systems, The Ivey Academy’s talent analysis tools assess areas of strength and development, track progress in real time, identify learning opportunities as they arise and assist with talent identification for succession.
- Specialized Programming: New industry-specific programs are available through various strategic partnerships including the Canadian Private Capital Investment School, in partnership with Canadian Venture Capital and Private Equity Association, and Charting the Future of Primary Care: Leadership, Teams and Culture, in partnership with Harvard Medical School and supported by MD Financial Management.
- Sustainment Support: To ensure learning progresses beyond the classroom, The Ivey Academy has partnered with Optimus SBR myPractice to offer one-on-one private practice support which reinforces new skills and behaviours in the workforce.
- Leadership Coaches: Certified through our new Leadership Insights for Transformation (LIFT) Advanced Coaching Certification Program, Ivey Academy coaches elevate the performance of individuals, teams and organizations with dialogue that reinforces learning and accelerates leadership growth and impact.
- Corporate Retreats: Ivey’s leading faculty mix facilitation, experiential classroom learning and team-building over a transformative two-and-a-half-day experience.
The Ivey Academy programs and services are available today. For more information, please visit http://www.iveyacademy.com.